What makes Ferguson a great place to live? One reason is that there is always something going on. To help residents and visitors keep track, the Observer is introducing both an online calendar and a weekly roundup of upcoming events to help you keep track of events and registration deadlines. Need to add an event? Just send an email to us. Pictures or graphics can be included!
Here’s the rundown for this week (always check for details at the event links, not all events are free):
Monday, October 11
- Join the Library’s Reading on Race Book Club at 6:00 pm. (You’ll need to drop at email to get the virtual link sent to you.)
- Listen in on the City Council’s special meeting at 6:30 pm to hear discussion on the 5 Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for 2022-2027.
Tuesday, October 12
- Hear the next City Council special meeting at 6:00 pm to learn about the Business Loan Program, the Side Lot Program, and Senior Housing Development. Then at 7:00, the very busy Council holds their regular Council Meeting. On the agenda is a hearing for a Special Use Permit to build a substation at 201 Adams Street, as well as resolutions for property rehabilitation contracts and a transfer of property.
Wednesday, October 13
- Tots and their parents are welcome to a free Preschool Pop-Up Playdate at January-Wabash Park with Parks and Rec from 10-11 am.
Thursday, October 14
- Head to January-Wabash’s Bandshell at 6:00 pm for Creatures of Myth and Legend with the World Bird Sanctuary. (But be sure to register with the Library first! Just follow this link.)
- Meet the RSVP deadline by today if you want to attend the Wine Tasting at BTC to be held Sunday the 17th!
Friday, October 15
- Do you or someone you know need help with Rental Assistance? The Salvation Army will be able to help anyone coming to the Library from 9 am to 1 pm with filling out paperwork for the County’s emergency assistance.
Saturday, October 16
- Head to Plaza 501 anytime from 8-12 pm for the Farmers’ Market.
- Grab your dog for an outing at the Howl-O-Ween Pup Playdate at Wayside Dog Park from 11 to noon.
- Get the family together and enjoy some ghost stories through the Library’s Facebook Live at 2:00 pm.
Sunday, October 17
- Join the Wine Tasting at BTC (which you RSVP’d by Thursday 10/14) at 3:00 pm.
- Consider decorating your house for Halloween and sending in your submission for Parks & Rec’s Halloween House Decorating Contest.
- Take note that kids 1-5 should be registered by 10/20 for the Little Goblins Trick or Treat to be held on the 26th.
- Start eyeing your dog, cat, or other loved pet, for ideas on how to show them off in the Howl-o-ween Pet Contest.
- While you think of how much fun October is, realize that December isn’t far away–and Ferguson Main Street already has tickets on sale for the Christmas Caroling Pub Crawl that will surely sell out quickly!
And be sure to check back next Sunday for more events you won’t want to miss! And always go to the event calendar to stay connected.